I am loving the pretty raspberry reds with aqua blues that are around at the moment and decided on this colour scheme. I used the teddy template from a much larger quilt - vintage bears. (still on my to make on day list).
Instead of stitching in the ditch - like I normally do, I simply stitched 1cm around each side of each border including the inside of each square on the centre panel.
I did an all over heavy quilting design around the bear on the soft blue fabric only. It doesnt really show up in the photo. I also quilted around the edge of the bear to make it stand out. The bear was machine blanket stitched on.
The finished quilt is a nice cot size or floor rug. I have also put a hanging sleeve on the back in case they will to use it as a wall hanging for the nursery.