Sunday, April 26, 2015

Churned mint chocolate, among other things.

I am pleased to tick another finish off the list. This quilt is made from blocks collected over a twelve month period in the six and twelve inch block swaps of QBSA. It reminds me of mint slice biscuits which is how I named it.

I have also started playing along in Lori Holts new Farm girl vintage quilt along. The official start in this coming Friday but I have been having some fun with practice blocks.

First I made a table runner which I have called pumpkin in a barn. Pretty original name lol.

Then I wanted to try a few other blocks so I made cherries, pears and a strawberry and turned them into a cute cushion.

It's nice to get a couple more projects finished. It's been pretty cold and Wintery here, but every now and then there is a spot of sunshine.

I have also picked up,a crochet hook, it's been years since I have crocheted anything, let's see where this journey takes me.

 

 

9 comments:

  1. The weather has been right for crochet! Love your fruit and pumpkin cushion and the churn dash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great name for a wonderful quilt...& it reminds me of mint chocolate too. Nice memories in there too I'm sure.
    Great use of "fruit" blocks too...so very pretty!
    Lovely pic of you & your grandie. Good to "see" you again Sue. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your churn dash quilt.. what a great choice for swapping blocks.... looks like a lovely walk.... special memories...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your projects Sue...they are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sue, your Mint Slice quilt is just gorgeous, I love it!
    And if your practice projects are any indication, the Lori Holt SAL will produce some amazing work from your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue...just popping in from the Birthday Club to wish you a wonderful day and a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday. Adore your Libby Richardson quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday all the way from Omaha, Nebraska USA we are getting into summer.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.